Integrative Counsellor and Coach (MBACP)
My work is focused on supporting people to build healthy relationships with themselves and others. I believe your ability to relate with other people is closely connected with your relationship with yourself.
I will create a warm, supportive, and non-judgmental space for us to work through your personal and professional challenges.
Our time together will provide an opportunity for you to discover your voice, and build self-awareness and confidence.
We will collaboratively explore your past and present to support your future.
Approach and experience:
I am a Personal Consultant which means I am able to seamlessly integrate counselling and coaching into my work. As a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor (MBACP), I work across a broad range of therapeutic approaches which means my work with you will be bespoke and authentically tailored to you.
I also specialise in pregnancy loss counselling. Whether you wish to talk about a miscarriage, abortion, or other pregnancy loss experience, I can provide you space and time to express your feelings, tell your story and manage your grief.
As an experienced Coach (life, career, and executive coach) I can work with you to identify your strengths, boost your confidence, and leverage tools and techniques to support growth and change. As an accredited Strengthscope® and StrengthscopeLeader™ practitioner, I can motivate you to discover and apply your unique strengths in different life situations and relationships.
My couples’ work normally involves practical exercises during sessions to enhance communication and intimacy.
I offer long and short-term work and have a particular interest in working with:
- Pregnancy loss
- Career counselling & support
- Work & family conflict issues
- Life transitions
- Bereavement, grief and loss
- Racial identity
- Low self-esteem & self-confidence
- Cultural Issues of Identity and Belonging
Qualifications and memberships:
- Postgraduate Diploma Integrative Counselling & Coaching, University of East London
- MSc Human Resources & Organisations (Distinction), London School of Economics and Political Science
- BA (Hons) English with Film, King’s College London
- Certified Couple Relationship Facilitator and Trainer, Prepare-Enrich
- Strengthscope® and StrengthscopeLeader™ Accredited Practitioner
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Member of the Association of Christian Counsellors (ACC)
- Associate member European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC)
- Level 7 Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD)
- Individual: £60 online | £80 face to face
- Couples: £110 online | £150 face to face
- Discounts are provided to counselling students
***If you are interested in contacting Maryane Mwaniki or need information and guidance about therapy, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.***