Integrative Counsellor and Coach (MBACP)
My name is Maryane Mwaniki, and I am a fully qualified Counsellor and Coach at HQ Therapy Rooms in Haggerston and Dalston, Hackney, London E8.
My work is focused on supporting people to build healthy relationships with themselves and others. I believe your ability to relate with other people is closely connected with your relationship with yourself.
I will create a warm, supportive, and non-judgmental space for us to work through your personal and professional challenges.
Our time together will provide an opportunity for you to discover your voice, and build self-awareness and confidence.
We will collaboratively explore your past and present to support your future.
Approach and experience:
I am a Personal Consultant which means I am able to seamlessly integrate counselling and coaching into my work. As a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor (MBACP), I work across a broad range of therapeutic approaches which means my work with you will be bespoke and authentically tailored to you.
I also specialise in pregnancy loss counselling. Whether you wish to talk about a miscarriage, abortion, or other pregnancy loss experience, I can provide you space and time to express your feelings, tell your story and manage your grief.
As an experienced Coach (life, career, and executive coach) I can work with you to identify your strengths, boost your confidence, and leverage tools and techniques to support growth and change. As an accredited Strengthscope® and StrengthscopeLeader™ practitioner, I can motivate you to discover and apply your unique strengths in different life situations and relationships.
I work with couples using the Prepare-Enrich and Gottman Institute model to support healthy communication, conflict resolution, collaboration, and connection.
My couples’ work normally involves practical exercises during sessions to enhance communication and intimacy.
I offer long and short-term work and have a particular interest in working with:
- Pregnancy loss
- Career counselling & support
- Work & family conflict issues
- Life transitions
- Bereavement, grief and loss
- Racial identity
- Low self-esteem & self-confidence
- Cultural Issues of Identity and Belonging
Qualifications and memberships:
- Postgraduate Diploma Integrative Counselling & Coaching, University of East London
- MSc Human Resources & Organisations (Distinction), London School of Economics and Political Science
- BA (Hons) English with Film, King’s College London
- Certified Couple Relationship Facilitator and Trainer, Prepare-Enrich
- Strengthscope® and StrengthscopeLeader™ Accredited Practitioner
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Member of the Association of Christian Counsellors (ACC)
- Associate member European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC)
- Level 7 Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD)
- Individual: £60 online | £80 face to face
- Couples: £110 online | £150 face to face
- Discounts are provided to counselling students
***If you are interested in contacting Maryane Mwaniki or need information and guidance about therapy, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.***