Birth & Postnatal Doula, Yoni Steam Practitioner & Massage Therapist
My name is Ruth Dennison, I am a qualified birth & postnatal Doula, Yoni steam practitioner and Massage Therapist. I did my Doula training through Nurturing Birth and Abuela Doula’s and became a recognised Doula in July 2017. I am currently practicing at HQ Therapy Rooms in Haggerston, Hackney, London E8.
Nurturing, educating, supporting, counselling, relaxing your mind and giving women and their families physical, practical and emotional support is what I do.
I am a Doula, who supports women through pregnancy, birth and beyond. I run self-care Yoni Steam workshops and 1-2-1 treatments at HQ Therapy Rooms Haggerston to help support women with their reproductive health.
Yoni steaming is an impressive ancient remedy that has been used for centuries by women all over the world to support deep reproductive wellness, it is a holistic health practice when a woman allows the warmth of herbal steam to gently permeate the exterior of her vagina.
I originally learnt about this amazing remedy to support women with healing and speed up recovery after birth. Yoni Steaming is not only beneficial for women after birth, it is a self-care practice all women can benefit from.
Yoni Steam is an ancient remedy that our ancestors did, our parents’ grandparents did, and many still do today in Africa, Asia, Central America, Jamaica and other parts of the world.
Throughout history, women have found Yoni Steam to:
- Speed healing and tone the reproductive system after birth.
- Significantly reduce pain, bloating and exhaustion associated with menstruation.
- Decrease menstrual flow as well as reduce dark purple or brown blood at the onset or end of menses.
- Regulate irregular or absent menstrual cycles.
- Detoxify the womb and remove toxins from your body.
- Increase fertility and fluids, helps relax your vaginal canal and cervix.
- Nourishes and tonifies your uterine lining.
- Reduce uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse & endometriosis.
- Assist with the healing of a vaginal tear, episiotomy, or caesarean scar.
- Helps aid the healing of haemorrhoids.
- Relieve chronic vaginal/yeast infections, BV, and works to maintain healthy odour.
- To aid emotional and physical healing from miscarriage and abortion.
- Ease symptoms of menopause including dryness or pain during intercourse.
- Release stored emotions and tap into the energy that is our creative potential.
Yoni steaming is a very gentle, calm, relaxing, self-care treatment I believe every woman can benefit from implementing into their wombmenhood.
Yoni Steam Workshop
The Yoni Steam workshop is for women to come together and discovering different herbal blends and remedies which have over 100 years of history in supporting women’s reproductive health.
All attendees will be able to create their own personalised Yoni Steam products, including herbal blends, bath bombs, herbal teas and womb healing affirmations to compliment their Yoni Steam journey.
You will also receive a little keepsake book to journal your intentions, herbal blends and your very own yoni steam secrets.
Contact Ruth Dennison or visit her website link below to learn more about Ruth, the services/treatments she offers and how you can start your Yoni Steam journey.
Pregnancy & postnatal massage treatments are also available, contact Ruth to learn more.
I am currently seeing clients face to face and online (zoom, Skype, etc).
***If you are interested in contacting Ruth Dennison or needing information and guidance about therapy, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.***