Leonie Drake (MBACP):
Child & Adolescent Therapist
Hello, my name is Leonie Drake and I am a Child and Adolescent Therapist working at HQ Therapy Rooms in Hackney, London E8.
I will offer a safe, calm, playful and nurturing space for young people to grow, feel supported and heal in a non-judgemental way.
Providing support for:
- Age ranges 2-18+ years of age.
- Sessions with parents and carers – One to one, helping through difficulties and how to support your child/adolescent.
My approach is creative and will be attuned to the individual young person’s specific needs. Children and young people often express their feelings and process inner conflicts in varied ways. I can offer a child-led empathetic approach that draws on a variety of play and creative methods – this could be creating art, using sand-tray, dance, music, alongside talking therapy.
What I can offer and the focus of therapy:
- I can treat children and young people who are experiencing behavioural, emotional, social and psychological difficulties. By enabling a young person to feel safe in our therapeutic relationship, I help them to understand, process and manage inner conflict and presenting needs.
- It is proven that early intervention can help prevent further issues from developing into adulthood.
I will support issues such as:
- Anxiety and depression
- Attachment issues
- Bereavement and grief
- Bipolar and mood disorders
- Body image
- Childhood trauma and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder.)
- Chronic illnesses
- Disabilities and learning difficulties
- Divorce/family difficulties/ relationships
- Eating disorders
- Gender and Identity
- Life transitions
- Self esteem
- Sexuality and sexual health
- Sexual abuse and exploitation/grooming
Training and Qualifications:
Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling. My training underpins Trauma-orientated Body Psychotherapy, working with attachments and relationships.
- PGDip in Child and Adolescent Therapy – Trained in MA in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Certificate in Adult Counselling Skills
Other therapeutic experience – within the NHS, Voluntary Sector and Local Authority, spanning the last 11 years in London:
- In depth one to one and group work with severely autistic children aged 5-16 years old for 2 years.
- School Counselling in Primary and Secondary Schools with ages 4-18 years old.
- I design and facilitate parent’s therapeutic groups – this includes ‘Theraplay’ sessions. Aimed at building and enhancing attachments between adult and child relationships.
- Sexual Health and Relationship Education, with young people in Schools and Collages, outreach, workshops, teaching lessons and training professionals in the community.
- Therapeutic support in NHS clinics with:
- HIV+ young people and adults.
- Sexual assault patients.
- Patients with complex mental health needs.
- Domestic Violence lead for families.
Please contact me for fees
As a member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy), I abide by their code of ethics, which includes regular supervision of my work and ongoing professional development.