Chartered Counselling Psychologist
My name is Panagiotis Bouzianis (Panos), I am a registered and Chartered Counselling Psychologist and a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist. I provide psychological therapy and counselling at my private practice at HQ Therapy Rooms in Haggerston, London E8.
My special interests include disordered eating, negative body image, relationships, trauma and resilience, and working with the unconscious.
I work from within an overarching psychoanalytic model of therapy in order to help unconscious ideas and feelings emerge. This way you can explore the meaning behind your symptoms and what drives you as a person by linking significant past experiences to your current difficulties. I also work with cognitive behavioural interventions which help address immediate problems arising from stress, anxiety, avoidance, obsessions and compulsions. Both approaches approach how problems or symptoms start, and what keeps them going.
- I specialize in evidence-based, contemporary Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- I specialize in the psychological treatment of Eating Disorders.
- I work with young people, adults and older adults.
- I offer sessions in English and in Greek.
I have over seven years of clinical experience in NHS services, charities and private practice. Currently I work as a specialist psychologist for the Maudsley Eating Disorders Outpatients service. My special interests include disorder eating, negative body image, sexuality, trauma and resilience, and working with the unconscious.
- British Psychological Society (BPS) Chartered Member (CPsychol) since January 2016.
- Healthcare Professions Council (HCPC) registered Practitioner Psychologist since July 2015.
- Doctorate of Psychology (DPsych), Counselling Psychology, City University London, February 2015.
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Registered Member (MBACP) since January 2014.
- My fee for an initial assessment is £60 and it can last from 50 to 60 minutes.
- My standard fee for on-going sessions is £75 but consessions are available depending on your financial situation.
- There are also significant consessions if you are a clinical student trainee (psychologist, psychotherapist, counsellor).
- You may be self-funding or covered by private healthcare insurance.