Psychodynamic Counsellor & Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (MBACP)
Hi, I am Zeynep Mikeli, Psychodynamic Counsellor and Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT), a registered and Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
I believe as human beings we are not immune from having unwanted experiences and feelings. There is no shame in struggling with difficult experiences and emotions.
I am here to help and be alongside you to take action to get better, as an experienced, safe, and skilful therapist on your journey.
What I offer:
– There are many reasons why people may contact me such as feeling overwhelmed, anxious, unsettled or struggling at work or with relationship difficulties.
– At times, it may be feeling low, isolated, or finding it difficult to share your feelings with people close to you because of a fear of being judged.
– You may be having trouble managing anxiety symptoms such as panic attacks, OCD or social anxiety.
– You may have been told that your symptoms are caused by emotions (a psychological root) or you have been diagnosed with an illness and have a long-term health condition.
– Some people who come to see me have feelings of low self-confidence and low self-esteem or perhaps a feeling of being stuck and not being able to identify a particular cause for difficult emotions.
– I have also worked with clients who repeat relationship patterns causing deep emotional pain and distress or leading to difficult and complicated relationships.
These are some of the difficulties I have been working with, but the list is not limited to the above. I can help with finding coping strategies as well as helping you to reach the root of the problem for a longer-term solution in a safe, sensitive, and compassionate way.
I am a culturally sensitive and open-minded therapist.
I provide warm, professional, and ethical therapy. I value an open and direct approach where difficult subjects can be talked about without feeling judged.
My past clients often complimented my ability to provide a caring and warm space but also be able to feel challenged by helping them to think differently about issues that helped with change.
About me: Training, qualifications & experience
I have over 20 years of experience working in the mental health field and over 10 years of that has been offering short and long-term therapy in NHS psychotherapeutic services in London.
I have a vast amount of experience working with multicultural communities, ages, and diversity. I am a genuinely caring, compassionate person and I find helping people to have a better quality of life very rewarding. I feel privileged to be part of the journey.
My core training is in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Psychodynamic Counselling. I additionally trained extensively in post-graduate training and qualifications in Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) and Evidence-based Practices Working with Long Term Health Conditions (LTC). As well as post-graduate training and experience as a clinical supervisor.
If you like to find out more about how I tailor these types of therapy modality approaches to you, please get in touch and I can explain further.
You may not know where to start. It’s not always easy to know what you are exactly looking for find the right therapist. If you have any questions at all about how therapy works or about how I can help you, please contact me for a free 20-minute chat before you decide.
I offer therapy both in English and Turkish.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anxiety, stress & depression (feeling sad and unhappy)
- Attachment disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Identity issues
- Long Term Health Conditions (Chronic pain, Fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue, IBS, COPD, Cardio-vascular disease, Diabetes and Cancer in remission)
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Social anxiety
- Work-related stress
My fee is £75 per session. Limited concessions (Reduced-Rate Therapy) are offered for those on a low income and students please contact me to discuss.
I am registered with a number of private healthcare insurance companies.
- Vitality Health and others.
***If you are interested in contacting Zeynep Mikeli or needing information and guidance about therapy, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.***