Humanistic Psychotherapist (MBACP)
Hello, my name is Candy Newman and I’m an experienced, professionally trained Humanistic Psychotherapist providing weekly therapy sessions to individuals face-to-face, online and via phone from HQ Therapy Rooms in Haggerston, London E8.
When we have the support we need, we heal, resolve many of our problems, and grow. We treat ourselves and others with greater compassion and our lives become more satisfying and fulfilling. A therapeutic relationship provides an important part of that support.
Here you will have the opportunity to be heard in a safe, confidential environment and to come to understand and appreciate yourself and your situation fully. You can share deep concerns and receive support in meeting the challenges you face. Clients describe me as a warm, empathic practitioner and I use humour and compassion in my work.
You might want to make changes, deal with painful emotions, or manage times of transitions or loss. Perhaps you would like greater self-understanding and awareness. By being receptive, open, and non-judgmental, my aim is to provide a supportive environment in which you are able to share your experience.
This allows you to clarify your feelings, deepen your self-understanding and explore different responses to yourself and others.
In counselling you can learn to :
- Manage stressful situations more effectively and gain a deeper sense of personal power.
- Increase your sense of self-esteem, confidence and assertiveness.
- Deal with challenging emotions and manage depression.
- Develop a better understanding of yourself and communicate with others more effectively.
- Improve your relationships with your partner, family, friends and colleagues.
- Work with your partner in couples therapy to identify what works and what doesn’t, communicate effectively and resolve outstanding issues.
- Grow to understand the effects of your past history and decrease any negative impact they may have in the present.
- Acknowledge unhelpful habits and patterns in your life and create more helpful and supportive ways to live.
We will have an ongoing dialogue about the work, so you are in control of the pace and methods which you find most effective. I work with a range of therapeutic models which shed light on how we experience ourselves as individuals in my Hackney, London practice.
I am currently seeing clients face to face, online (zoom, Skype, etc) and phone.
***If you are interested in contacting Candy Newman, or needing information and guidance about therapy, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.***