What Are The Benefits Of Massage Therapy?: Massage therapy uses touch to work with your body in a respectful way that takes into account your physical wellbeing, symptoms and lifestyle. There are many styles of massage therapy techniques that can help with a huge range of therapy issues we deal with, and massage can be used as a complementary therapy or for its own rewards.
Massage therapists usually train in a variety of techniques in order to work with the specifics of your body and your needs. They most commonly use their own body to apply pressure to your muscles and soft tissue, gently in some cases and much harder in others.
Most massage styles are innately more ‘gentle’ or ‘firm’, but generally, massage therapists will ask you about the pressure that you prefer as well. Massage therapy is known to be one of the oldest healing arts, according to Chinese records, with evidence dating back over 3,000 years.
Massage can be beneficial for a wide range of issues, including
- reducing stress and increasing relaxation
- reducing pain and muscle soreness and tension
- improving circulation, energy and alertness
- lowering heart rate and blood pressure
- improving immune function
- reduced anxiety and depression
- digestive disorders
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- myofascial pain syndrome
- soft tissue strains or injuries
- chronic illness and pain
- sports injuries
- temporomandibular joint pain
- pregnancy and postnatal rehabilitation