Psychotherapist & Outreach Therapist (MBACP)
My name is James Hawkins and I’m a Psychotherapist with over 20 years of experience. I work with all kinds of presentations and difficulties with specialisms in complex trauma and abuse and also sexually harmful behaviour.
It can feel scary and awkward to talk about things that are causing upset and it’s natural to worry about whether we can trust another person with our thoughts and feelings.
I’m committed to finding ways of working together that best suit you.
I think that effective therapeutic work comes about when the therapist is able to offer a working relationship in which the client feels safe to explore.
For me, therapy is a collaborative endeavour and one, which can be transformational for both the practitioner and patient.
I try to take a playful approach to my work as I think this can really harness the innate creativity I hold is present in every human being.
For over twenty years I’ve worked as a health and social care professional. In 2001 I decided to train to be a psychodynamic therapist.
Since qualifying in 2003 I’ve worked in and managed psychotherapy services in a variety of settings such as GP practices, residential homes, primary, secondary and SEN schools.
- PG Diploma Psychotherapeutic Counselling, 2003. University of Sussex, UK
- M.A Psychosocial Studies, 2011. Birkbeck College, UCL, UK
- Post Qualification Certificate 2021 in Clinical Supervision. WPF, London
- BA Honours Sociology, 1997. University of Middlesex, UK
- My therapy rates vary from £30 to £60 per hour depending on income and circumstances.
- Group Supervision, facilitation and consultancy from £50 per hour
- Clinical Supervision rates from £25-£50 per session
- Training sessions from £350 per day
***If you are interested in contacting James Hawkins or need information and guidance about therapy, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.***