Integrative Movement Psychotherapist (ADMP UK)
My name is Layla Smith, I am a qualified integrative movement psychotherapist, clinical supervisor, certified movement analyst and lecturer.
I work with a Humanistic approach, offer face to face and online sessions in personal therapy or supervision from an embodied perspective on Wednesdays and Fridays at HQ Therapy Rooms in Haggerston, Hackney, E8.
Movement Psychotherapy combines verbal, talking therapy and non-verbal communication, for example, body signals, gestures, posture, attention to breath and natural ways of moving.
Working with both our bodies and minds can help us express what may be difficult to articulate, as well as integrate and clarify our emotions and unacknowledged feelings.
This form of psychotherapy works with attention to being in the present moment and no prior experience of movement is required.
I aim to provide a non-judgmental, supportive environment to creatively explore movement and words safely within the context of the therapeutic relationship.
I have over 15 years of experience as a movement psychotherapist in different child and adult mental health settings in primary and secondary care, and over 15 years of experience as a lecturer with a specialism in Laban movement analysis (LMA) and observation.
Movement analysis and observation focus on nonverbal communication, how we cope in the environment and relate to ourselves and others.
- Supervisor, University of Roehampton (UOR)
- MA Dance Movement Psychotherapy (RDMP) UOR
- Certified Movement Analyst (CMA) Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies, NYC
- BA Hons in Visual & Performing Arts in Brighton University
- Diploma Teaching (DTLLS) Canterbury Christ Church University
- Movement psychotherapy rates run from £70-85 for a 55-minute session
- Supervision is £60 for 55 minutes, LMA supervision is £70 for 55 minutes
Reduced rates for personal therapy/supervision for training therapists are possible
***If you are interested in contacting Layla Smith or needing information and guidance about therapy, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.***