Child & Adolescent Therapist (MBACP)
I will offer a safe, calm, playful and nurturing space for young people to grow, feel supported and heal in a non-judgemental way.
Providing support for:
– Age ranges 4-18+ years of age.
– Sessions with parents and carers – One to one, helping through difficulties and how to support your child/adolescent.
My approach is creative and will be attuned to the individual young person’s specific needs. Children and young people (adolescents and teens) often express their feelings and process inner conflicts through varied ways.
I can offer a child-led empathetic approach that draws on a variety of play and creative methods – this could be creating art, using sand-tray, dance, music, alongside talking therapy.
What I can offer and the focus of therapy:
- I can treat children and young people who are experiencing behavioural, emotional, social and psychological difficulties. By enabling a young person to feel safe in our therapeutic relationship, I help them to understand, process and manage inner conflict and presenting needs.
- It is proven that early intervention can help prevent further issues from developing into adulthood.
I will support issues such as:
- Anxiety and depression
- Attachment issues
- Bereavement and grief
- Bipolar and mood disorders
- Body image
- Childhood trauma and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder.)
- Chronic illnesses
- Disabilities and learning difficulties
- Divorce/family difficulties/ relationships
- Eating disorders
- Gender and Identity
- Life transitions
- Sexuality and sexual health
- Sexual abuse and exploitation/grooming
- PGDip in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling – Training in MA Integrative Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy. (Terapia, London.)
- Certificate in Adult Counselling Skills (Terapia, London.)
Other therapeutic experience – within the NHS, Voluntary Sector and Local Authority, spanning the last 11 years in London:
- Leading in-depth one to one and group work with severely autistic children aged 5-16 years old for 2 years.
- School Counselling in Primary and Secondary Schools with ages 4-18 years old.
- I design and facilitate parent’s therapeutic groups – this includes ‘Theraplay’ sessions. Aimed at building and enhancing attachments between adult and child relationships.
- Sexual Health and Relationship Education, with young people in Schools and Colleges, outreach, workshops, teaching lessons and training professionals in the community.
- Therapeutic support in NHS clinics with:
- HIV+ young people and adults.
- Sexual assault patients.
- Patients with complex mental health needs.
- Domestic Violence needs for families.
I am currently seeing clients face to face and online (Zoom, Skype, etc).
***If you are interested in contacting Leonie Drake, or needing information and guidance about therapy, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.***