Psychotherapist (BACP, UKCP, BPC, DIT)
About me and my therapy practice:
I have over a decade of experience working with adults from different backgrounds in short and long-term therapy. I have been working with NHS mental health services, charity and community organisations as well as in private practice.
There are many different reasons why someone might seek therapy.
The reasons could be experiencing low mood, depression and different types of anxiety, relationship difficulties or break-up, sexual abuse, emotional distress, bereavement, childhood sexual/physical/emotional, domestic violence, addiction, and trauma.
I am aware that seeking help and speaking about what you are going through might not be easy. Some of us perhaps never experienced being helped. We all experience challenges and difficulties and wish to be able to work through them and move forward in our lives.
We will be working together in an empathic, safe, and confidential environment to make sense of, and work through, the issues that have impacted your life and brought you to therapy.
In our first session, we will think together and explore the history of the difficulties you have been experiencing. This will allow us to capture some of the details that could be important elements in our work together throughout the treatment. It will also help to make sense of your experience now.
I use various types of therapy modalities in my treatment including the following:
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy to work on past difficulties that have been triggered by present circumstances and impacted the way you feel and experience the present.
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) to work on relationship difficulties and the way you relate to yourself and others which creates the pattern of relationships.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR) enables the individual to process traumatic events and to heal from emotional difficulties and distress that are the result of disturbing life experiences.
I offer an initial 10-15 minute’ free telephone consultation to briefly discuss our availabilities, what brought you to therapy, if I can be a help and how we may work together.
Please get in touch to arrange an initial brief telephone conversation.
Qualifications and accreditations:
- MA in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- EMDR practitioner
- Accredited DIT therapist
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) /Accredited member
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) / Accredited member
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) / Accredited Dynamic Interpersonal Therapist (DIT)
Accepted Insurance Plans:
Availability & Fee:
I am currently offering in-person, online treatments through Skype and Teams and telephone treatment.
My fees cost £80 (per 50-minute session)
***If you are interested in contacting Shole Salehi or need information and guidance about therapy, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.***